The auditorium at Baltimore Center Stage (photo: Peter Hegeman).
Sound plays a huge part in shaping our experiences and understanding of place and space. Creative solutions to acoustic challenges require an in-depth understanding of the science of sound balanced with a comprehensive appreciation of building structure, ventilation, facade, interiors, foundation and sustainability factors.
Vangelis performs a sound study at St. George's Bristol.
- Room acoustic testing, analysis, design and specification
- Acoustic testing and evaluation of existing spaces
- Variable acoustic design and integration
- Computer-aided acoustic modelling and auralisations
- Sound separation design and detailing
- Building acoustic measurements
- Sound separation and background noise demonstrations
- Noise and vibration control of building systems
- Acoustic design for sustainable design ratings and assessment
- Environmental noise surveys and site assessment
We love designing rooms and systems which integrate architecture, performance and construction into coherent concepts that result in brilliant sound and great looks.
“We have been absolutely delighted with the work from Charcoalblue. There is no doubt in my mind that without their creativity, expertise and knowledge we would not have produced the design we now have.”
Paul McKeown, Bursar and Clerk to the Governors, The Leys School, Cambridge
The Acoustics team gathers for a photo at our 2022 annual team meeting.
Some of our Acoustics team gather to discuss a project.
A sound study model for Steppenwolf theatre.
Luca leads a design forum on the issue of hearing loss.