Version 1.2 — May 30, 2018
Charcoalblue respects your right to privacy and cares about the way in which your personal data is treated. Below we outline the details about how we capture your data and how we use that information.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we collect from you:
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage us for a project or as a result of your relationship a member of our team.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name, the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or engagement with communications and materials we send to you electronically, including what device, IP address and operating system you’re using to access it
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our project engagement processes
- Personal information provided to us by you in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
How we obtain your personal information:
- We collect information from you as part of our ways of working when engaged for a project
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff or registering on one of our digital platforms or applications
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
How we use your information:
We collect and process your information in a number of ways, including through your use of the website and in the provision of our services. We use that information to:
- To provide and improve the web experience we give you and other visitors.
- To provide information requested by you
- To promote our services, including sending updates, news and details of events
- To manage and administer our relationship with you
- For the purposes of recruitment where relevant
Use of the Charcoalblue website:
A number of features on our website invite you to provide us with personal information, such as the contact us option and our email contact facilities. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes.
Marketing and other emails:
We may also use a relationship management tool, where permitted by applicable local law, to assess the strength of the relationship between individuals in Charcoalblue and our clients or potential clients based on the frequency of email contact between them. We use that information in order to assess, analyse and improve the services that we provide.
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Who we share it with:
We will not share or sell your information to a third party.
How long we keep it:
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our global data retention policy which categorises all of the information held by Charcoalblue and specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it
- Make us correct inaccurate data
- Ask us to delete, 'block' or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us
To do so, please contact us through the app or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we store your data:
We might transfer and store the data we collect from you somewhere outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). People who work for us or our suppliers outside the EEA might also process your data. We may share data for the purposes of storage with organisations and countries that:
- The European Commission say have adequate data protection.
- We’ve agreed standard data protection clauses with.
How to make a complaint:
If you have a complaint, please contact us through the app or by emailing email@example.com and we’ll do our best to fix the problem.
Changes to this policy:
We’ll post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page.
Who are we?
We are Charcoalblue LLP (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Charcoalblue.
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at 180 The Strand, 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA.