Celebration as nine Charcoalblue Projects win RIBA Awards across the UK
The Charcoalblue team were elated to hear that projects across the UK picked up RIBA awards in 2019.
Alexandra Palace, the Linbury Theatre at the Royal Opera House and Preston Bus Station were among the projects picking up multiple RIBA Awards this year, whilst the Bristol Old Vic achieved great strides with three.
"We're so so proud and incredibly honoured" remarked Gavin Green, Senior Partner at Charcoalblue. "We work all around the country with amazing architects and extraordinary clients, our teams work hard and with immense passion to design and deliver these great collaborative projects... these awards recognise both our and the project teams achievements - we're delighted."
Battersea Arts Centre
Image credit © Fred Howarth
The Simon Sainsbury Centre wins a RIBA East Award 2019
Preston Bus Station picks up two awards in the North West region
Image credit © Morley Von Sternberg
Here is the full list
- Bristol Old Vic wins RIBA Southwest Award 2019, RIBA Southwest Building of the Year and RIBA Southwest Conservation Award 2019
- Alexandra Palace wins RIBA London Award 2019 and RIBA London Conservation Award 2019
- Linbury Theatre at the Royal Opera House wins RIBA London Award 2019
- LAMDA wins RIBA London Award 2019
- Battersea Arts Centre wins RIBA London Award 2019
- Southbank Centre wins RIBA London Award 2019
- Peter Hall Performing Arts Centre at the Perse School wins RIBA East Award 2019
- Preston Bus Station wins RIBA NW Award 2019 and RIBA NW Conservation Project of the Year
- Simon Sainsbury Centre wins RIBA East Award 2019
Some other achievements not to be missed:
- Rogers Theatre at Malvern College won Malvern Civic Society Award for Architecture
- Royal Opera House & Southbank Centre were part of the British Construction Industry Awards 2019 Shortlist
- Peter Hall Performing Arts Centre at the Perse School was on the Concrete Society Award Shortlist