At Charcoalblue we are passionate guardians of creative ambition and apply our theatrical innovation to all projects no matter how small, large or seemingly impossible! Our unique approach to project delivery has yielded impressive results across the globe delivering a wide-ranging portfolio of projects from small pub theatres to arts centres, events centres, concert halls and temporary installations.
Our Turnkey service supports you from the very beginning at project origin, then guides you carefully through every step of the project. We work with you to develop the idea and then find the perfect design that aligns to your strategic plan. Beyond design, we provide a dedicated project management support team to keep your project on time and on budget.
We offer this process in 3 key stages – and you also have the option to engage us on any or all of them during your project journey.
Inspiration - Our clients are creative leaders in both arts and business who respond well to challenge and seek solutions to seemingly impossible projects. At the critical early stages of new projects, we excel in provocations that are almost idealistic whilst simultaneously robust. Our offer extends across business planning, funding investigations and ‘how do we do this’ interrogation, all along with the goal to inspire you to think and respond differently to what may be perceived as the only path forward.
Design – Here we take the Inspiration and translate it to a ‘can-do’ reality. The design focus brings to life project feasibility. To complement our world class venue designers we will seek, appoint and contract the entire design team that will be hand-picked to design your project. We remove the burden of administration and project coordination to ensure your cross functional team is concentrated on design and aspiration.
Delivery - This phase is about enacting the vision beyond design and we have at your disposal a team of dedicated project managers who have been responsible for delivering some of the most technically sophisticated spaces in the world. Our delivery service can integrate with our digital, acoustic or theatre consultancy teams and be nimble to the changing demands of your project
Ollie discusses a model of The Yard at Chicago Shakespeare Theater.
- Work together to define vision and goals
- Lead the procurement and selection process of the best design team for the project
- Lead the design team from selection to delivery
- Co-ordinate, monitor and review the work of the consultant team (and others, such as specialist designers and specialist contractors)
- Develop project implementation plans, project milestones and deliverables for the project
- Advise and assist on the choice of contractor procurement routes
- Oversee production of full bid information, review and make recommendations to the client to ensure the best contractor team is appointed
- Monitor construction progress ensuring that the project programme is adhered to, overseeing snagging and commissioning for the project