The interior of JW3 (photo: Nina Sologubenko).
Charcoalblue offers a dedicated expert digital team who deliver projects from concept to completion.
We create innovative ways for audiences to engage with stories and extend the reach of events beyond the physical walls of a space. Using digital technology, we can create immersive theatrical and educational experiences, design interactive video installations, VR apps, broadcast suites, events spaces, cinemas and exterior signage. Because we know both theatre and technology, we are able to bring together techniques from, cinema, broadcasting and experiential theatre and software development to produce the best possible results.
Erin helps a guest into a VR simulation of the Waikato Regional Theatre
- Design of large scale internal and external presentation systems
- Interactive system design
- Broadcast and streaming systems
- Cinema design
- Detailed systems engineering including content management, storage, distribution and display
- Integration of digital design proposals with the architect and design team
- Market-tested cost schedules
- Performance specifications, bid & contract drawings
- Witness testing and sign off for completed digital systems install
- Bespoke R&D and software solutions
Our work is all about spacial, visual and audible transformation, so finding different ways to develop how we work comes naturally. We recognise that we operate within a digital world which is constantly evolving the way our buildings are designed and used. In response to this we have a dedicated R&D team who innovate on a wide range of projects, conduct collaborative research and deliver customised solutions, such as VR and AR environments and experiences. Our goal is to advance the ways technology and theatricality can combine to enhance audience experience and keep our clients ahead of the curve.
“Charcoalblue has been amazingly supportive throughout the project. To be honest, I don't know how we would have done it without them.”
Raymond Simonson, Chief Executive, JW3
The interactive digital wall at Center Stage in Baltimore.
Andy road tests an AR application developed in-house.